[time-nuts] Calculating sidereal time

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 13:52:18 UTC 2019

On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 11:00 PM Steve Allen <sla at ucolick.org> wrote:

> This expression is no longer in use.  It was superseded Capitaine et al.
>
> http://adsabs.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/nph-bib_query?bibcode=2003A%26A...406.1135C
> in which formalism it is explicitly disavowed that earth rotation is time.
>
> Thank you for that interesting paper. I see the reason for the new
definition:

"The new expression for Greenwich Sidereal Time, GST, has to be in
agreement at the microarcsecond level, for one century."

That implies the old equation did not do that but it does not look like
it's causing my problem.
Related to earth rotation, a microarcsecond is 15 times smaller than a
microsecond.
I have a 57 seconds error. I still have an error somewhere unrelated to
using the old equation.