[time-nuts] Frequency Standard in personal lab

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 5 17:57:59 UTC 2019

In my personal lab, I have many oscillators that I consider "standards".  They have varying long term and short term stability.  I have:
1:  HP11811-6011 double oven
2:  Nortel GPSTM GPSDO  (I have two)
3:  Efratom PRFS1024:  Efratom PRFS2025:  PRS-10 disciplined by Trimble Resolution-T GPS
5:  Datum 4040A  (not usually turned on)
I have two GPS antennas that are all timing grade.  One has full view of sky and another is in attic.

I am now setting up to go forward with little more advanced time-nuttery.  I acquired an HP18132A.  I also acquired a TAPR TIC.My initial goal is to characterize all of above.  Thinking somewhat logically, standard that will drive the measuring equipment will have to be an order of magnitude better than device under test.  I've been told my Datum 4040A is an older version that 10^12 to 13 is the best it can do.  That's in higher end Rubidium territory, especially item 5 above.  Also, when specs are this close, which one is measuring which one becomes an issue.

I am few dollar short of ordering Hydrogen Maser.  What to do....  Idea, wisdom, advice, solution, etc, etc, etc, is very much appreciated. TOM?  Would you consider selling one of yours?