[time-nuts] LeoNTP PPS output to PC DB9 input

Brent Gordon time-nuts at adobe-labs.com
Wed May 29 05:35:58 UTC 2019

Hello Anthony,

Those cables will NOT work.  The BNC connectors are 75 Ohms, which will
damage the 50 Ohm connector on the server.

Yes, pin1 is DCD.  You might need level shifting, but probably not.

For the cable, just buy a cheap BNC cable and a DE-9 (sometimes
erroneously called DB-9) connector.  Cut one end off of the cable, strip
the outer jacket back a couple of centimeters, unravel then twist the
braid, strip the white insulation back about 2 millimeters, and put some
heat shrink on the braid so about 2 mm is showing.  Solder the center
conductor to pin one and the braid to pin five.  Put a hood or some tape
over the connector and you're done.

Brent