[time-nuts] Talking Clock

Craig Kirkpatrick craigk46 at comcast.net
Tue Oct 1 01:59:21 UTC 2019

You can buy one here
https://www.tindie.com/products/nsayer/gps-talking-clock/
Best Wishes,
Craig

On Sep 30, 2019, at 3:00 PM, Neville Michie <namichie at gmail.com> wrote:

Here in Australia we are suffering the loss
of one of the significant developments in accurate time keeping and dissemination.
The talking clock, built in England, with sound tracks on rotating glass disks,
has been on the Australian telephone system for more than half a century.
The system was timed by quartz oscillators, synchronised to the local observatory time.
Now in spite of the trivial cost of maintaining the system it has been removed by
the money-hungry telco which took over the government run telephone system.
Now it occurs to me that the sound tracks occupy a very small digital space, and
with modern flash drives and a little logic the talking clock could be driven by
any time nut's disciplined time source.
So is there a time nut who could design a voice output that we could all use?

“At the third stroke the time will be…”

cheers,
Neville Michie