[time-nuts] FA2

ew ewkehren at aol.com
Wed Oct 2 10:09:15 UTC 2019

Good Morning DidierThank you for your response. The "ONLY" thing we would like to do is record and display the info coming out of the RS post. To day making long term observations ties up a PC or Laptop with fans and a HP53132. Gone for a week the main concern is fan failure. Store the info on the Tablet in a SD chip or in it and when ready download through the USB port that we use for importing data to a memory stick for further processingThis counter is low power, no fan and has resolution that exceeded the ability of our sources. Not bad for a $120 device.We are presently experimenting using a ISC570 multiplier at 100 MHz and get 13 digits see attached  but the data out of the back is only 12 digits reliable. Looking at averaging.13 digits frequency at 10 seconds even exceeds an 8607, only a saphire will do it.In the past we have run a few 570's at 200 MHz will try, that way we will be able to monitor the 5MHz output of a HP5065A with 5 E-14 resolution.To day running aging test we average a 24 hour run against GPS. Example HP5065A against Tbolt. We repeat the test in 20 days or a month..We also use a handy 10 psec. resolution long term monitor using a 2 channel counter modification that Richard MCC did for us 7 years ago. The counter we use with dual mixer.
Bert Kehren