[time-nuts] FA2

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 00:47:35 UTC 2019

Bert,

FA-2 uses serial emulation over USB with an FTDI chip. As far as I know,
this is not supported under iOS. The best way to get serial data into an
iOS device appears to be through a WiFi module. In this case, you would
have to go from USB to WiFi, not very practical.

Android supports serial via USB and through Bluetooth serial profile, so
you have more options.
To connect the FA-2 to an Android tablet, the FTDI chip should make it very
easy.

However, I am not sure what you want to do with the data in an Android
tablet. Do you have software to process it? If so, it seems it would most
likely support serial. Looking through the Play Store, I did not see
anything timing-related but I did not spend much time looking.

What are you interested in displaying?

Didier KO4BB