[time-nuts] FA2 Programming

Wes wes at triconet.org
Thu Oct 3 21:26:56 UTC 2019

I finally got my FA2 yesterday.  Seems to work fine, except for one thing (so
far) the screen is blinding and viewable from only straight on.  I'm afraid it
won't last long in this state. According to the manual there is a programmable
adjustment for contrast but my programing skills ended with writing instrument
control software in HP Basic in the 1980s.

I am able to connect using USB and tried Putty in serial mode. When I connect
the port, the FA2 dutifully starts outputting the measured frequency but that's
the extent of my control, or lack thereof.  Has anyone more skilled than I done
any programming?

Wes  N7WS