[time-nuts] FA2 Programming

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 3 22:54:01 UTC 2019

The command $Cxx* will set the contrast.  xx can be 00 to 63.  Ignore the measurement data that the FA2 sends continuously and just type over it (or disconnect the input signal).   It should respond with something like CONTCOK if the command is accepted.  Note that the value is stored in EEPROM and there is no way to read back the current setting.

Note that the FA2 (rather weirdly) uses the '*' character as the end-of-line character when sending commands instead of the much more rational carriage return key...  perhaps China has a shortage of <CR> keystrokes ;-)

I am currently adding the various FA2 config commands to Lady Heather.

>I am able to connect using USB and tried Putty in serial mode. When I connect
the port, the FA2 dutifully starts outputting the measured frequency but that's
the extent of my control, or lack thereof.  Has anyone more skilled than I done
any programming?