[time-nuts] FA2 internal OCXO warm-up time

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 4 03:59:11 UTC 2019

I did a test of the FA2 internal OCXO warm up time.  I powered mine down for 4 fours and then powered it up and measured the frequency as it warmed up.  It looks like it takes 45 minutes to stabilize.

Note that it took a week of constant power for the oscillator drift rate to settle down.  The drift on mine seems to be around 0.00025 Hz/day.  I need to do a longer test to better weed out temperature sensitivity.

BG7TBL internal oscillator warm up time:

Minutes   Freq error
0         221 Hz
1         17 HZ
2         0.2760 Hz