[time-nuts] DC distribution

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 4 12:17:56 UTC 2019

On 10/3/19 6:58 PM, Bill Dailey wrote:
> Setting up a new workbench and am wondering what wisdom people can offer.  I am powering numerous synthesizers (5v), small receivers (5v), Upconverters (5v), larger receivers (12v), fury Gpsdo’s.. etc.   anyone use something neat and not real expensive for distributing 5v and 12v.  I am hoping for a long COTS pcb with fusing and maybe holes for plugs.

There's a variety of things out there with PowerPole connectors of
varying sophistication.  You might check West Mountain Radio or
PowerWerx. Or the amateur radio community in general - someone has
probably published a dual row PCB design if you want to fab it yourself.

there's also power distribution strips that have rows of banana
jacks/binding posts with the standard 3/4" spacing to mate with dual
banana plugs

At work, pretty much everything prototype-like uses stackable double
banana plugs, usually with a reverse biased diode across the terminals
(so if you plug it in backwards, the power supply current limits or
folds back). We use a lot of coax to dual banana adapters (just because
nobody makes twisted pair banana jack to plug as an off the shelf item).