[time-nuts] DC distribution

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 4 20:53:05 UTC 2019

On 10/4/19 8:41 AM, John Ackermann.  N8UR wrote:
> West Mountain is a good source for all things PowerPole, but there are a bunch of other vendors as well.  And do youself a favor -- spend $30 on the three size 15/30/45 amp crimping tool.

+++10 -- the right crimping tool is a godsend.  There's also a little
tool that helps remove the contact.

https://powerwerx.com/ is another source that's done well for me.. Lots
of inexpensive distribution stuff without fancyness (basically big
clusters of connectors).

They also have watt/current/voltage meters that plug-in inline that
handle a wide range of voltages (5-60V). however "Only current from
source to load can be measured. Drawing current in reverse will cause
damage to the meter."

They also sell the west mountain gear.

  It saves much aggravation.  But if you're using thin wire, soldering
after crimping is a good precaution.