[time-nuts] Question for my new GPSDO

Didier Juges shalimr9 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 20:31:03 UTC 2019

The BME series requires a fair amount of code to convert data from the
sensor into human readable data like degrees. I use the BME280 in some
applications.

Personally, for just temperature sensing, I found good old fashion
thermistors to be cheaper and more accurate than most silicon sensors while
requiring a single precision resistor and one ADC channel. When used with a
12 bit ADC, they offer excellent resolution around a relatively small
temperature range, (progressively degrading resolution as you go away from
the optimum temperature) which is ideal for an oven controller. They are
also easy to use in noisy environments.

Didier KO4BB