[time-nuts] Quadrature Phase Noise Measurement

Robert Averay robert at squeakywindmill.com
Sat Oct 12 00:27:48 UTC 2019

Hi

I am keen to measure close in phase noise 1Hz to 1 MHz offset on 100 MHz
clocks.

The approach detailed by John Miles in his 2010 presentation using PN.exe, a
mixer and an AD7660 looks suitable.

I have searched the posts on this but am still unsure of how to transfer the
data to PN.exe. I can find no native interface for ADC samples.

Do I have to emulate a FFT analyser or is there an easier method?

I am reasonably proficient with VDHL and below average with C but can
manage.

An advice would be appreciated.

Robert