[time-nuts] HP105B HP 105B 1 amp fuse blowing

shouldbe q931 shouldbeq931 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 11:36:33 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 11, 2019 at 10:00 PM Dana Whitlow <k8yumdoober at gmail.com> wrote:

> I once read that Supercapacitors come up short in handling really short
> spikes,
> and that this is not due to physical inductance arising from the
> structure.  Rather,
> the issue was of a subtle (to me) electrochemical nature.
>
> Can anyone either confirm or refute this?  Inquiring minds want to know.
>
> Dana

Granted the usage is different, but some time ago most HPE/Dell RAID
controllers moved from using battery (usually NiCad) backed cache
modules, to using flash backed cache with a supercapacitor to power
the transfer from cache to flash.

One would hope that as these are used to protect data integrity, that
HPE and Dell did their homework. I certainly have appreciated no
longer having to replace failed battery packs in servers (-:

Cheers

Arne