[time-nuts] Quadrature Phase Noise Measurement

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 12 22:27:44 UTC 2019

On 10/12/19 9:14 AM, Gerhard Hoffmann wrote:

> Programs, circuits, Altium Designer files and VHDL for Xilinx ISE are
> available
>
> under BSD or GNU copyleft. A good part of the effort was to throw away
>
> outdated documentation and to get a tool set that works together, finding
>
> the right addresses, PRU / ARM communication etc.

That, in my opinion, is the single biggest obstacle to someone just
putting together Rpi or Beagles and doing useful stuff with them.
There's been so many versions of the OS, with different schemes for
managing the hardware interfaces.  You search for something, and you
turn up something from 2 years ago that worked fine on version N-3, but
then you find a site where someone says, oh yeah, on  N-2 I made it work
by doing X, but you're on version N.

And, of course, most folks basically are reporting a historical "I did
this, and this, and this, and made it work for that" - they aren't in
the software distribution business (or business at all) and it's great
that they DO report something, but it's a long way from developing a
generalized approach.