[time-nuts] Question for my new GPSDO Heater

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 06:38:26 UTC 2019

I created a temperature test setup for my TCXOs. Relay control did not last
long because the relay was operating once a second or so and the Peltier
uses a lot of current. The relay contacts welded in a few hours. Luckily I
was watching when it happened. A PID controller running H bridges works a
lot better to control the temperature accurately. I made a custom control
algorithm that ramps the temperature up and down and takes frequency
readings. There are temperature control algorithms that are supposed to
automatically tune the system gains, but I have not tried them.

https://sites.google.com/site/markstcxo/home/test-jig

73,

Mark
W7MLG