[time-nuts] FA-2 Frequency Counter Display

gandalfg8 at aol.com gandalfg8 at aol.com
Mon Oct 14 21:11:46 UTC 2019

The FA-2 really is an amazing wee beastie for the money, and can cram an equally amazing amount of information on to that tiny display, but I'd be more than happy to have it less wee and relocate it into a larger box if it was practical to replace that display with something bigger that could actually be read from a bit further away than an inch or two when running standalone:-)

I have one on soak test right now so can't strip that down for the next few days but just wondering if anyone has already identified the fitted display and if so is it likely that a larger module could be fitted without significant electrical modification?
I envisage either transplanting the existing innards into a larger box, or perhaps the complete unit as it stands to maintain screening, with box size depending on whatever displays might be available, and it seems to me that something around the size of the CNT91 display would be ideal.

Nigel, GM8PZR