[time-nuts] FA-2 Frequency Counter Display

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 15 02:50:17 UTC 2019

I doubt that you can find a suitable larger replacement display.   Besides interface compatibility issues, a larger display will probably have more pixels than the FA2 firmware expects.

I have added FA1/FA2 support to Lady Heather.  It includes a command (ZF) to zoom the screen to a full screen frequency counter display.  A Raspberry PI with the 800x480 touch sceeen display works very well.   Heather supports running with two FA1/FA2 counters (or even an FA1 and a FA2).

See the attached screen dump for the resulting display.  The plot stats are from Lady Heather's calculations and not the FA2's calculated statistics.  The main input device is a FA2.  The auxiliary input device is a FA1.   I'm working on simultaneously displaying statistics for both devices... but the PI touchscreen does not have enough space.