[time-nuts] GPSDO+PC as a NTP server

Adam Kumiszcza akumiszcza at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 06:09:56 UTC 2019

Hi!

Thanks for all the responses. As I wrote, the chip can use only 1
constellation, and I'm not sure it can use Galileo at all, so I'm sticking
to GPS only. As I understand it, GPS errors here smooth out anyway while
disciplining internal OCXO, so it's not so important to have the best chip
available. I guess u-blox zed-f9t with a bad ocxo would be worse than
normal u-blox 7 with a better ocxo? I intend to run it 24h/day BTW.

As for FreeBSD, I like this system a lot, too. Especially for proper native
ZFS support. I use it mainly for NAS now, but experimented with different
versions before, so I guess I'll go this route. Does Lady Heather compile
on FreeBSD? And is it possible to run it together with NTP for the same
rs232 port? I found this:
https://www.febo.com/pipermail/time-nuts/2010-February/044476.html  – but
it's for thunderbolt and at "very early, rough stage". I would like to
attach a small monitor and have LH run there constantly.

BTW, Fiorenzo Cattaneo, I did not get the picture of your set with
pcengines box. Probably got cut by mailing list.

Best regards,
Adam Kumiszcza