[time-nuts] HP5071A with bad tube.... can I get one used?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Oct 25 07:37:59 UTC 2019

--------

> Well, I started shipping them back to the factory in the 1990’s and
> did so a number of times since then. If there was an exemption, the
> factory was not aware of it. They were the driver for being sure
> it was shipped as hazmat. Each time (knowing what the issues would
> be), I offered to drive the unit up there and drop it off. That
> never seemed to be an acceptable process.

In general HazMat exemptions happen where "circumstances" are such
that they reduce the risk of harm.

In this particular case, those "circumstances" would likely be
"tested, certified & packed at the factory in specific emballage
approved as part of the exemption."

Ie: HP had an exemption to ship to customers, but not the other way.