[time-nuts] FE-5440A cesium clock help

EMMANOUIL MANTZARAS sv1bke at usa.net
Thu Oct 31 11:44:25 UTC 2019

Hallo group
I recently acquired an FE-54440A cesium beam clock. I do not know nothing
about his history. Seems to be connected to the mains by the previous owner (a
surplus broker).
The meter readings seems correct. Supply voltages are ok, Vac-Ion current
reading is about 0 (strange because that i believe that the unit was in
storage for a long time).
After about 20 minutes the cs and osc ovens stabilized. With loop open the
beam current peaks at the correct oscillator frequency. The unit turns in
"operate" condition when the loop is closed. The second harmonic level is ok
with little fluctuation. With unit in "operate" condition and after 12 hours
of warming, there is a constant frequency difference of about 0.003 hz from my
two  Z3801 gpsdos. Any idea about this condition? Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Emmanouil Mantzaras
sv1bke