Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Aug 1 19:18:51 UTC 2020

Hi

The gotcha these days is that MCU hardware just keeps getting cheaper
and cheaper. You can get a quite adequate MCU to do all this for less than
the price of your 1496 …. Yes, that’s nutty, but it’s the way pricing works
these days.

Worse yet, you can get a Chinese assembly house to supply that CPU on a
board for you (along with various small parts) and still not have spent very
much at all for the parts plus the board. The ~$25 shipping likely will cost almost
as much or more than a handful of assembled boards. Again, it’s a nutty world.

Bob