[time-nuts] WWVB PM Time Questions

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Aug 1 20:13:25 UTC 2020

Hi

Or … you can cheat.

If the objective is a lab reference of some sort (and not a stand alone clock),
cheating may be an acceptable solution.

Add a real time clock into the mix and you know the month / day / hour / minute
before you ever see the first cycle from the antenna. Indeed, you likely have a
pretty good guess at the second as well.

Cost wise, it’s the price of the battery you wire to your MCU ……

No this isn’t the most exciting way to do it. I’d suggest that it might well be a
very reliable way to get it done. Redundancy is a good thing :)

Bob