[time-nuts] WWVB PM Time Questions

rcbuck at atcelectronics.com rcbuck at atcelectronics.com
Tue Aug 18 02:52:10 UTC 2020

Paul,

I finally got the WWVB d-psk-r board built. I have it connected to an
Arduino UNO and to my NEO-6 GPS module.The GPS module has been
re-programmed to 19.2k baud and only the GPRMC NEMA message is being
sent. The MC34141 is running at 12 volts and I am using 620 ohm
resistors to drive the transformer center taps.

I am feeding a 60 kHz sine wave into pin 8 of the transformer through a
0.47 uF non-polarized cap. I have my scope connected to pin 1 of the
transformer through a 0.47 uF non-polarized cap. The 1 PPS LED connected
to pin 2 of the 74HCT14 is following the 1 PPS led on the GPS board. I
see the phase LED on the d-psk-r board blink at random. The LED on the
UNO blinks in unison with the phase led.

What should I see on the scope? I don't see anything that looks normal.
No sine wave, just random pulses. I slowed the 60 kHz sine wave down to
30 Hz but still no sine wave. If I have the scan rate on the scope set
to 100 msec, I would expect to see 1 second worth of sine waves.

What should the output level of the 60 kHz signal from my AWG be set to?
I have tried a few settings from 25 mV to 1 volt.

Ray,
AB7HE