[time-nuts] "The Penultimate HP5065 A15"

Ulf Kylenfall ulf_r_k at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 2 08:26:37 UTC 2020

Regarding 5065  "A15"

When I was about to repair my 5065, the first thing I noticed was the
quite high "+22-30V" and its impact on the dissipated heat from the
series regulator Q1. Therefore, I replaced the power transformer T1
and the rectifiers with a linear regulated power supply providing
filtered 24V DC. The original circuitry incorporated a battery charger A2
but since the accus was (very) dead, it was replaced with a diode
jumper board A18 from a second scrapped unit. The original diodesgot hot. They were replaced with modern types.

I will follow your progress with the new regulator board with great interest.

Best Regards

Ulf Kylenfall
SM6GXV