[time-nuts] Looking for information on Brightline oscillator

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Aug 6 01:50:24 UTC 2020

Hi

In that era, 12 and 24V are the two candidate supply voltages. Assuming there are no
wires to the other pins, no need to supply power to them.

What to do:

Try 12V and see what happens. If you get a stable output at > +7 dbm and good
( = low ) harmonics. That’s the supply. If not, slowly increase up to 24 and see if the
output improves.

Once you have it working, probe the other pins. You may have an oven monitor or other
test outputs.

The “worst case” is that one of the pins is an output enable pin. If it’s unconnected ( =
there’s no clue) that’s really odd.

Fun !!

Bob