[time-nuts] NBS Dual Mixer Time Difference system (A picture!)

cdelect at juno.com cdelect at juno.com
Tue Aug 11 16:58:00 UTC 2020

Hi,

Saw Bobs recent post mentioning the NBS DMTD system.

I happen to own one of those old beasts!

My  version has switch selected coarse delay and a fine variable delay to
match phases.

(I really don't use them as it's easier to slew my reference or DUT till
the phase matches for low TAU work.)

Also it has AC powers supplies versus battery for the papers version.

I also replaced the RF connectors with isolated SMA.

When I originally got it I had to repair one of the buffer amps and I
also replaced the op amps with better ones.

Also replaced the caps and resistors for the 1 Sec setting with low
temperature coefficient ones.

Cheers,

Corby