[time-nuts] WWVB SDR discussion

Charles Steinmetz csteinmetz at yandex.com
Fri Aug 21 18:58:26 UTC 2020

Lester wrote:

> That’s a unavailable EBAY listing number
> What is the actual La Crosse model or part
> number  for the new software 14" clocks

The link works for me, but apparently they sold out of the refurbished
units so the listing is closed.

The same seller has a current listing for new (not refurb) clocks, at
$50 each:

<https://www.ebay.com/itm/283342325283>

Part # is 404-1235UA-SS.  Also, La Crosse calls it an "UltrAtomic" clock.

Now a question:  As far as I am aware, no other La Crosse "atomic"
clocks have the "UltrAtomic" designation, suggesting that the Model
404-1235UA-SS is the ONLY La Crosse clock that decodes the new
modulation.  Does anyone (Tom?) have any verified information (not idle
speculation, or guesses) on this?

And another:  Is anyone aware of any other commercially-available WWVB
clocks that decode the new modulation?

Is the La Crosse Model 404-1235UA-SS the only one??

Thank you,

Charles