[time-nuts] Oscillatek 2352

Peter McCollum saipan1959 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 02:16:34 UTC 2020

Bob wrote:

Oscillatek was acquired by K&L in the early 1980’s. K&L was acquired
by Dover in
the mid 1980’s. Dover acquired Vectron Labs in the early 1990’s. All
data on the
Oscillatek parts is long gone …. even to the person who ran the
company ( = me ) ….
Simple answer:
Hook up a power supply and feed the tune input. See what you get. On a
part that is
many decades old. That’s going to be far better data than anything
from “way back when”.

Thanks Bob! Just did some experiments.
Doing a Lissajous against a GPSDO, it is "real close" with about -100mV on
the CV input (about 20 min. warm-up).
The freq is inversely related to the CV voltage. Across a range of -12V
to +12V, the freq varies from about +10 Hz to -25 Hz.

I'm planning to hook it up as an external reference for an HP59309A clock.
Now my thought is to put a Schottky diode in the ground leg of the
oscillator (to raise the ground reference slightly), then use a trim-pot on
the CV input to fine-tune it.

Meanwhile, I'll build a self-contained GPIB controller to make setting the
clock more convenient. And I've got some other GPIB-capable instruments
that I can hook it up to.

Pete