[time-nuts] WWVB PM Time Questions

rcbuck at atcelectronics.com rcbuck at atcelectronics.com
Wed Aug 19 06:20:19 UTC 2020

Paul,

Yes, I built the d-psk-r per the schematic. However, I think I did not
understand how it actually worked. I was expecting it to be able to
duplicate the WWVB sine wave signal with the phase reversal present when
the PM data bit changed from a 0 to 1 or 1 to 0. I have a 60 kHz sine
wave going into pin 8 of the mixer transformer. I expected to see a sine
wave out of pin 1.

However, I looked at the code again and it appears the "LO" port of the
mixer is only driven one per second. There is no steady drive to the
"LO" port so there cannot be a sine wave out of the "IF" port. Is that
correct?

Or should there actually be a 60 kHz sine wave coming out of pin 1 on
the mixer? If so, something is wrong with my d-psk-r. I am not trying to
use it with any kind of receiver. I just want to see the sine wave on my
scope.

Ray,
AB7HE