[time-nuts] WWVB PM Time Questions

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 20:15:32 UTC 2020

Alright Ray we can gang up on you with two of us.
By the way with respect to a BPSK modulator as mentioned I did just did
that and without any special driver chip. I used a ttl 7474 to synchronize
the 60 KHz reference to the incoming data.
Data in to D and 60 KHz to C, Q and QNot to 180 ohm R to drive the diodes.
Most likely this could go to 90 ohms and perhaps allow 0 dbm in or higher.
But did not need that level as I needed to drop to at least -50 db for the
KD2BD receiver I am working on.
The reason to use the driver chip in the d-psk-r is with the higher voltage
I can get more driver port isolation.
Regards
Paul.