[time-nuts] HP5061 Cesium ion pump question

vilgotch1 at gmail.com vilgotch1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 00:04:44 UTC 2020

Thanks very much for this info Corby. It explains the behaviour of my spare
5061A perfectly.

It also raises the question of what I could do with the spare tube I have. I
can connect a +3500V supply to the ion pump but that won't do anything about
any gas molecules adsorbed onto the filaments as you described. Is it worth
powering up the filaments to get rid of them or can that be left for some
indefinite time in the future when the tube could be reinstalled in a 5061A?

Morris