[time-nuts] HP 5065 Rb update

paul swed paulswedb at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:09:59 UTC 2020

Hello to the group.
Did switch the leads and no major effect.
I also did provide a separate power supply and am controlling the cfield
with that. It appears that by going to 7 ma the system is stable on the
original tube marking of 8714 on the thumbwheel. The original cfield range
went up to 6.6 ma. Literally adjusting the current resistor in the cfield
regulator will put it back into range. But thats still easily a 4ma jump to
get it back to normal.
Ed to your comment the pot could be expanded though with readings I am
getting may be just fine. It seems to be approx 5.0 E-12. Its a simple 1K
pot with digital dial readout that feeds a diff transistor and driver
transistor. Quite simple.
That said with the external supply sort of slapped in at 7.28 ma the unit
is 5.6 E-10. Clearly not stable but the supply is a tek unit etc. I at
least now know the range the cfield might want.
*But does it matter that I use a different thumbwheel setting if the
results are solid*?
Regards
Paul
WB8TSL