[time-nuts] HP 5065 Rb update

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Sat Dec 5 20:40:24 UTC 2020

Hi

Crazy as it seems, running at a higher C Field current makes the device
more sensitive to stray mag field. If you want to “soup up” your 5065,
you would adjust the synthesizer for minimum (but still in range) C Field
current.

Why not go to zero ( or real close to it) ? There are multiple quantum
“resonance” modes. At zero C field they get very close to each other.
Locking to the “right one” becomes tough.

Bob