[time-nuts] Ublox 8T

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Dec 10 13:42:43 UTC 2020

Hi

If you have a board with many dozens of passive parts on it and
four or five IC’s getting all those passives down on the board *is*
very useful. Their price on typical passive parts is low enough that
the delivered cost is still very close to a bare board.

If you do use odd IC’s you have to move quick. Get the board(s) laid
out and into them fast. Accept that you may not be in stock next week.
For things like three terminal regulators or run of the mill digital stuff, they
seem to maintain a pretty good inventory. Yes, it will be in “their” favorite
package ….

Bob