[time-nuts] Examples of traditional phase noise analyzers

Bob kb8tq kb8tq at n1k.org
Thu Dec 17 13:40:08 UTC 2020

Hi

The “original reference” for doing phase noise was a Fluke app note
published back in the late 60’s / early 70’s. Pretty much everybody
used it as a starting point when setting up measurements. Just why
Fluke came out with the information before HP or GR is one of
life’s mysteries ….

A quick Google search does not turn up a copy. I’m pretty sure *somebody*
must have a copy on their web site.

Past that, the manuals and papers associated with the HP 3048 would
be a good place to look.

Bob