[time-nuts] DHS Resilient PNT Conformance Framework

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Dec 21 02:23:14 UTC 2020

martin.flynn at compdecon.org said:
> Question: is is there a  citable example / test case that a GPS can
> a) be rendered inoperable (bricked) by an external signal?
> b) not recoverable upon power cycling or other end-user accessible process?

Not citable, but I have memories of a Garmin GPS-18 going useless and power
cycling or anything else I could think of didn't fix it.  It did recover after
sitting around for a month or 3.  I assume it has a supercap rather than a
battery.

I think I was sending it stuff on the serial/usb port rather than it was
attacked by nasty RF signals.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.