[time-nuts] La Crosse Clocks -

Alex Pummer alex at pcscons.com
Sun Dec 27 02:19:32 UTC 2020

actually you could transmit and receive on the same frequency if you
take care that they have different polarization. A small transmit loop
around -- vertical axis -- the building and very low power  and receive
the wwvb normally with the ferrite roads  with horizontal axis, the
transmission outside of the loop is negligible, I am running such a
system for my old clocks, wwvb receiver antenna properly oriented in the
attic, amplifier downstairs, the loop cca 1/2' from the ground an one
LM386 "drives" the loop with low power, just you have to turn you
clock's ferrite - antenna vertically.
73
KJ6UHN
Alex