[time-nuts] La Crosse Clocks -

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Dec 27 10:31:58 UTC 2020

tvb at LeapSecond.com said:
> For transmit, you likely don't need, and legally don't want, an  antenna.

You need some sort of structure to get the signal out.  It may not be large or
look like a typical antenna but there will be something that is radiating or
the project won't work.

When I asked my question about antenna spacing, I was only thinking about the
ES100 receiving antenna and the local transmit antenna.  There is a 3rd
antenna, the receive antenna on the target clock.  The distance/coupling
between transmit antenna and clock antenna determines how much power you have
to feed to the local transmit antenna and hence what escapes to the local
environment.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.