[time-nuts] low power divide by 5

Richard (Rick) Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Wed Jul 1 21:58:41 UTC 2020

I designed a marine radio in 1976 that used 74LS161's.
They could do something like 15 MHz on a good day
at room temperature.  I did a lot of characterization
on them.  100 MHz?  In your dreams...

BTW, if you want to divide by ten in the LS family,
the 74LS160 is a better choice, because it will
divide by 10 without any logic feedback.  It still
won't do 100 MHz.

73
Rick N6RK