[time-nuts] 1PPS questions

VE7HR ve7hr at ve7hr.ca
Thu Jul 2 01:37:16 UTC 2020

Are there any suggested method to reduce your 1 PPS signal to a safe level for your test equipment?
It seems like my HP Z8316A is outputting slightly more than 5V into 50 Ohms.

Up till now I have been using a 10 MHz output from the Z3816A. But I understand 1PPS is a better signal to put to Channel A.

My HP 5372A seems to default to 2V Max level if you hit instrument default.  I am starting to like it so I don’t want to trash an input module.

I think I might try a TICC in the near future but for now I will have to slum with the vintage HP iron.

Thanks
Dave
VE7HR

Sent from my iPhone