[time-nuts] low power divide by 5

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Jul 3 04:26:16 UTC 2020

jimlux at earthlink.net said:
> 1) All those clever handbook designs and data sheets that I grew up with in
> the 70s,80s, and 90s are just the ticket, but you can't actually get the SSI
> MSI parts any more.

Are families like AC OK to your Reliability people?  Any projections on how
long they will be around?

The MSI parts you want may not be available, but the basic SSI chips probably
are.  That complicates the design and may take another chip or two, but I
think there is still a good chance of finding a design that works.

What sort of temperature range do you design for?  Is data sheet timing OK or
do you need reserves on top of that?

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.