[time-nuts] Success replacing Oncore VP with Synergy SR-6Tf ?

Steve Jones time-nuts at smj.crash.com
Sun Jul 5 21:59:46 UTC 2020

Greetings,

I've found various posts in the list archive since about 2012 suggesting
that one could drop a Synergy SSR-6Tf in to replace an Oncore VP board,
or about planning to do so (and others about replacing an M12* with an
SSR-6Tr[u]). But if anybody has simply posted, "I dropped in an SSR-6Tf
and it worked" then I missed it. I wrote to Synergy's contact address
shortly before the (US) holiday, but it could be a while before they
respond...

So, can anybody say "Yes, I replaced a VP with an SSR-6Tf and it Just
Worked?"

FWIW my specific use case is a Spectracom NetClock/GPS 1U rackmount w/
display, and the serial number on the GPS receiver board inside maps to
an Oncore VP per a document about WNRO &c on the Synergy site.

Thanks in advance,
--Steve.

Steve Jones
Berkeley, California

"The amount of beauty required launch 1 ship = 1 Millihelen"