[time-nuts] Raspberry Pi NTP server

Petr Titěra petr at titera.eu
Thu Jul 9 09:14:58 UTC 2020

Just one note. Most USB to serial chip claim USB2.0 support but they
only provide Full-Speed data transfers. That is data communication
protocol based on USB1.1 parameters with 1ms polling interval. You have
to specifically look for High-Speed (i.e 480mbps) transfers when going
trough chip specification. Not all manufacturers have such chips and no
all chips from manufacturers who provide them have such capability.

To this day I was able to find only one such chip family and that is
FTDI FT232H (that H suffix specifies High-Transfer rate).

Petr Titera