[time-nuts] WWVB PM Time Questions

rcbuck at atcelectronics.com rcbuck at atcelectronics.com
Wed Jul 22 03:51:58 UTC 2020

Paul, thanks for the suggestions. The top of the minute is a good idea.
Since the first second is part of the sync pattern it will always be 0
and the phase would be 0. A differential opamp with one input from WWVB
and the other from the local source fed to the STM32 would tell if the
signals were in phase. A single gate inverter controlled by the STM32
could be used to invert the local source if necessary.

I have worked with the Bluepill for the last year on a few small
projects. The most complex one (which isn't really complex) was to
control two stepper motors. I really like the boards and you can't beat
the prices. I don't use the bootloader so I have no experience with it.

Dana, I looked at the Costas loop and had sort of ruled it out. I may
take another look at it as I get further into the project. I will
probably use a 15.360 MHz oscillator and divide by 256 to get the 60 kHz
local source. Once I get the front end working I will be able to start
some "real" testing.

Suggestions from others are welcome.

Ray,
AB7HE