[time-nuts] WWVB PM Time Questions

rodger_adams at yahoo.com rodger_adams at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 22 14:35:29 UTC 2020

Hey Ray,

Paul and I have a nice piece of code that generates the WWVB BPSK bit stream
using an Arduino and a ublox GPS module. (total cost under $30)  You could
use this as a WWVB emulator while you're working on your code.  Sorry, I
can't really help with your question about demodulating the WWVB BPSK but
the Costas loop sounds like the way to go.  It has also been suggested that
a WWVB SDR wouldn't be too difficult to build and would open up lots of
possibilities.  Unfortunately, I don't have a clue where to begin with that.
Maybe somebody with some SDR experience can chime in.

Re your comment about $30 BPSK clocks.  The only clock I'm aware of that
uses the BPSK is the Lacrosse Ultratomic.  Are you aware of any others?

Thanks,

Rodger