[time-nuts] Trigger circuit for TIC

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Jun 3 10:33:32 UTC 2020

There is no universal circuit that minimises jitter for all signals without some tuning to suit the input frequency and threshold crossing slew rate. The LTC6957 works well for higher frequency sine waves. The low frequency sine wave outputs of a DMTD require a set of cascaded lowpass filtered limiters akin to those detailed on Oliver Collins classic paper on the design of zero crossing detectors before the LTC6957.

Bruce