[time-nuts] Stanford University online GPS course

Peter Vince petervince1952 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:31:59 UTC 2020

I've just been told about an online undergraduate course on the GPS system
done by Stanford University.  I don't remember reading about it on here,
and a quick check of the archives drew a blank.  The course is completely
free, and on YouTube at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1Fyn_h6LKU&list=PLGvhNIiu1ubyEOJga50LJMzVXtbUq6CPo&index=1

Turns out it was made in 2014, and the website mentioned is no longer
available.  However, the course does look very interesting.  It is split
into six sections, and the intention seems to have been for students to do
these one a week.  Each section is split into ten videos of about ten to
twenty minutes each, so it comes in bite-sized chunks.  I've just watched
the first section, and it was very gentle and understandable - largely
because it was covering material I already knew.  There is the promise of
some heavy mathematics later on, so we'll have to see.

So if you are running out of things to do in self-isolation on a rainy
afternoon, you might care to give this a look - it may well help with our
understanding!

    Regards,

          Peter