[time-nuts] ThunderBolt question

Taka Kamiya tkamiya9 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 00:12:52 UTC 2020

50 ohm / 75 ohm question is really irrelevant in this kind of thing.  Trmble itself says in manual, not to be concerned with this apparent mismatch.
In my particular case, I have a home lab standard and existing system.  I have an antenna and network of distribution amplifiers.  They are all 50 ohms and N connectors.  Some ports have BNC adapters attached.  I have pretty much standardized everything to SMA, N, or BNC.

I boxed a power supply, T-bolt, and buffer amp in a metal case.  I bought a short cable (RG58) that goes from F to BNC.  On back of the case, I have BNC to N adapter.  I also have a few adapters that goes from F to BNC for the test bench.  It really doesn't matter what you use, as long as it makes a solid connection.

Advantage of F connectors and RG6 are, cheap, abundant, and low loss for the size.  Advantage of having house standard is, less adapters and less headache.....

(Mr.) Taka Kamiya
KB4EMF / ex JF2DKG