[time-nuts] ThunderBolt question

Richard Solomon dickw1ksz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 6 01:56:36 UTC 2020

I have used these "Hockey Puck" GPS
antennas with 100' (thats feet) of RG-174.

No problem locking up. Granted, the antenna
needs an unobstructed view, but the antennas
today work a lot better.

I have a Laptop in the shack, near an inner
wall, with one of these GPS/GLONASS USB
units. I consistently see 8 or more satellites
and get a 3D fix. That's on my desktop with
an SB-220 looming over the antenna.

Try it, you will be surprised.

73, Dick, W1KSZ